Friday, August 28, 2009

Ramadan day 7 - Back in the groove of things..

I'm back!!!!!! It took me forever to get back into my blog after my email was hacked. Not surprising huh!!! I wish I could have a cyber virus and attack all those stinkers before they even get the chance...grrr They put a crinkle in my panties and plans but not all is lost. I also had a minor setback health wise but I'm keeping strong and not going to let it spoil my spirits. My daughter "Yusra" was so cute this afternoon helping me in the kitchen. She was making her first attempts at washing the dishes. One of the memorable moments that mark you forever. I couldn't help but think of my own childhood and being so eager to learn things in the kitchen. Now all I want to do is "GET OUT"....lol My mother-in-law hasn't been feeling well and she requested I make one of my gram's classic recipes. She was well known for her delicious deserts and was a master of cheesecakes. She could make a cheesecake out of just about anything. I can remember one summer day when I was about nine. Gram Skillen sent us off to pick strawberries and peaches. Hats and baskets in hands we set out on a mid morning adventure. We returned with our baskets full of course and about 1/2 on us. Gram quickly sent us off to the wash bins and she headed to the kitchen. By the time we were done and eaten our lunch. She walked out with this delicious Strawberry/Peach cheesecake. Ahhh the good ol days!!! "Gram"s strawberry and Peach Cheesecake"
  • 200 grams of soft cheese ( I use Berber)
  • 6 eggs
  • 4 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla
  • 1 pkg plain cookies
  • 4 tbsp melted butter
  • strawberries and peaches
Place the soft cheese in a food processor. Add sugar, vanilla and add egg one at a time as you blend. Be sure to stop halfway thru and scrape the sides to be sure you mix everything. Pour into a bowl then add your biscuits in the processor as well and process until you get a crumbly consistency. then place on a bowl and add the melted butter and mix. In a pie dish, place the cookie mixture on the bottom. Press down until you have a crust on the bottom. Pour in your batter and bake in the oven on 180 until its set. Then top with topping of your choice.

1 comment:

://: Heni ://: said...

Looks wonderful sis ... real treat peaches and strawberries plusss it's a cheesecake! I cannot make your recipe since no strawberries ... but I'm coming over for my slice!!! (hugs)