Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sleepless Nights

I must say that I just can't seem to sleep these days. Not to mention hubby gave me shocking news that 10 of his family members will be coming in from Tlemcen to stay for 2 or 3 days. Truly, that has been the hardest thing for me to absorb living in Algeria. The loads of company you get each year at vacation time ......ahhhhhhh! So, after much thought I decided to look at the brighter side of things. This will give me a chance to post some recipes before Ramadan and give you guys some ideas. I've also been thinking just how my hubby is going to react to breaking some of his traditions this year. Soup is a must at every meal. I find this to be one of my biggest challenges in this whole thing. Unless your Rachael Ray or Nigela, I don't think I will be able to cook 31 soups..lol But I defiantly have some surprises in store. Including some new desert recipes and main courses. I also learned some excellent appetizers and gratins.....OH LA LA!!! So, like us Texan's say....." See ya'll when the rooster crows" and happy cooking :)

4 comments:

Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

Aslamu alakum sis
nice to read you here i just love your humour mashaAllah!

The multiple guest comes with African culture, alhamduilah its only for 2-3days and not 2-3months as it often is.

Now i wouldn't stress about cooking a new soup every day , in Ramandan i usually make a big pot and it will last 3dyas inshaAllah as the starter..also takes the load off cooking during Ramandan. Try some lentil soups.

sonyaslifetoday said...

I always cook my soups to last for 2 days and bulk cook my bourek fillings to lighten the load a little :) Looking forward to reading more. x

Sarah said...

Why cook 31 soups when you can cook the SAME-ONE-EVERY-DAY! .....

://: Heni ://: said...

I am rather sleepless too these days but you know why! Wishing you less work and more rest my dear sister!