Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ramadan - Banana Cream Delight!!



Well peeps I finally got my comment box fixed ..PHEW!! I was beginning to second guess if I should continue posting until my Bff told me there is no way to leave comments. I would really enjoy your feedback on my recipes and like to be able to answer any questions you might have. I'm still getting the hang of this whole blogging thing ....SO "BEAR" WITH ME PLZ  :) 
My hubby hasn't been on the comp today...hehehehe So I'm taking advantage to put up another dessert recipe for you guys. Living in Algeria has taught me so many different things. Learning how to do things from scratch, conserving water, and appreciate just how the rest of the world lives outside of USA. There is those days when suddenly a food will pop into my head or a commercial will come on T.V with a entree or dessert I haven't eaten in a coon's age. So, it's off to the internet to search " How ".
This dessert has to be one of my biggest triumphs..next to cottage cheese " Woohoo" For those of you who like "Banana cream Pie" This is a must try and will not disappoint.


"Banana Cream Pie w/ Walnuts and Pineapples"


For the crust:
  • 250 grams flour
  • 125 grams butter or margerine
  • pinch salt
  • enough water to form a dough
For the filling:
  • 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 egg yolks beaten
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 3 tbsp. cornstarch
  • vanilla extract or sugar
  • 2 bananas, pineapples, and walnuts
Make your pie crust and bake in the oven till golden brown. In a saucepan, add your milk, sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, sugar and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until everything is dissolved. Then take out a cup and slowly add/whisk to your egg yolks in a separate bowl. Then add back into the sauce pan and cook until it thickens. In your pie crust: place sliced banana's and cover with with your filling. Cool in the fridge for an hour, then top with pineapples and walnuts. then decorate with some whipped cream and additional walnuts. Serve 4 to 6 people


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why mostly dessert recipes sister? I've been hoping too much for some Algerian or other meal recipes....!

Crazy Texan said...

I can do that :) I'll post some up tonight inshallah xoxoxoxo

://: Heni ://: said...

All these treats so far have gotten me hynotized sis ... I want to make them but surely I rather come to your house to eat them! You did great decorating; very talented!
Well she did desserts since Algerians are more into the desserts ... at Ramadan and at all other times of the year as well!