Monday, September 28, 2009

Still Alive and Kicking :p

First, I would like to wish everyone a "belated" Happy Eid!! May God bless each of you this coming year and fill your hearts with joy and continuous happiness.  xxxx

I'm sorry I kinda checked out there on my last post and never got the chance to get back with all of you. I have been going through chemo treatments and towards the end just got the best of me. Plus, making sweets for Eid, keeping a smiley face for my kids and the everyday chores of being a housewife....must I say more :p

I really wanted to share some great dessert and cookie recipes with you guys. But like my dad used to say " NEVER SAY NEVER"  So, with a plan in mind I'm going to post throughout the year different things and when the next Ramadan rolls around you should have some ideas. Also, there are some other celebrations I will reflect on also. 

I was talking to my mom the other day via messenger and she was just going on and on about pancakes. Not knowing she was killing me with every sinful bite as I watched her devour it. I decided to look up pancake syrup and like so many things.........I CAN'T DO IT!!!! I can achieve an American breakfast but the only problem is the maple syrup or just that "OLD AUNT JEMIMA'S " I used to take for granted. My mom was like " Why don't you use fruit syrup or jelly!" Right at that moment I thought if I could pass through this computer screen I would give my mom one of those famous "Three Stooges Slaps"...lol Then after we ended our discussion I thought that I would try to make some effort this year and learn more breakfast recipes....french toast, streudle, ect.

It really feels good to be posting again and thx so much for everyone's comments. With a special holla to "Sarah" and my best friend in the whole world " Henia" If I manage to get a little nutty from time to time from radaition. Feel free to "Three Stooge Slap" me back in gear..lol 
Until next time.....xxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynda,just sent an e-mail to Heni with my e-mail address and phone.Tried to e-mail you before and today not sure if it is going through.I asked her to pass all info on to you.Asslama,Sarah

Crazy Texan said...

Hello Sarah and Happy belated Eid wishes to you..My email is lynda_beghdadi@yahoo.com..henia hasnt contacted me ....so here is my email and looking forward to hearing from you xxxxxx

Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

Crazy Texan
Iam sorry to read you are unwell, i may have missed some post but your having chemo? Allah Al must'aan may you be graned with perfect healing ameen!

Ines said...

I'm glad to hear that the radiation has not changed you one bit...you are still as crazy ;) love you sis, take care and keep posting, love reading you :)