Friday, October 2, 2009

"As the Chicken Turns"...

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the famous soap opera "As the world turns"I haven't seen it for years but my hubbies love for chicken has convinced me to have one of my own...."As the chicken turns"..:p  There is only so many ways you can cook it but I'm always looking for a new edge.
You will also notice that my blog has updated and I added some new gadgets for you to access my recipes easier. I also added some music but if it gets to much for your ears you can simply pause it. My blog just wouldn't be me if I didn't have music on it :)
I made my classic Chicken with olives after hubby decided that he didn't want cous cous. I really like this recipe because its so easy and tastes good. if your lookin for some chicken inspiration..then this one is for you!




"Chicken with  chic peas and green olives "
  • 1/2 chicken cut up
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 tomato grated
  • 1 tsp. tomato concentrate
  • Handful of chic peas and green pitted olives 
  • salt, pepper, red pepper and safron
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
In a pressure cooker place the oil and slightly brown your chicken and onions. Add enough water to cover your chicken and add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until your chicken is tender. Then reduce your sauce until it is thick. Would like to mention that olives are salty so you can easily over do it in this recipe. So you might want to add your salt after you taste.. Serves 2 to 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum,A girl from oran taught me a trick to extract the salt from olives.Put olives in a pot of water[enough to cover them].And slow boil them.Change the water and repeat process until the olives have the taste you prefer.It really works.SARAH