Sunday, March 7, 2010

Can you keep it real?


Here we go right.....Lynda is going to ramble some :) Kids are finally back to school ....YAY!! I'm back to the grind and my mind is turning a mile a minute. I received an email last night which was rather, needless to say, an attack on a small country . I'm not a social bug by any means and have found it quite comforting to keep to myself over the years. I would rather have a small group of really good friends than a bunch of slush. I keep it real and expect you to do the same. I know sometimes my outwardness can put you off but I'm going to tell you like it is. Thats me keeping it real :) Perhaps my level of deen is for some is....( under level). So that is the reason for this post.
Ive seen allot for my 38 years. I became a Muslim because God choose to show me his beauty through a dream. Which sent me on many years of searching for answers. I've lived in many places, met many people, and found the answers I was looking for....alhamdulilah! I lived in Gaza for almost 3 years and yes I have seen the Palestinian perspective. I've been doused with gasoline and used for target practice with lite matches. But God protected me and I didn't catch fire. Not to mention beat up and hit by a car. All for the sake of Allah and my religious choice.
Through it all I have been able to keep it real. When you meet me in person. I'm not going to bombard you with my life story unless you ask :) After that....you asked for it..lol The most important thing I have learned is that you can't be something your not. You can't take the Texan out of me and I don't plan on it anytime soon. My mouth goes afoul from time to time, You'll find me head banging to Megadeath in my kitchen and when a person needs me I'm there. Friends and family come first and I will do anything  to see them happy. Even if its at my own personal sacrifice.
So I will continue to keep it real and my blog real. I will continue to have friends from all religions and I will still listen to ROCK MUSIC!
Much love to my REAL followers. and God Bless................................xxxx Lynda

3 comments:

umm nidal said...

Don't tread on me! You are a true Texan, lady!

Thanks for keeping it real - thanks for that little glimpse into your past.

xoxo
Cindi

://: Heni ://: said...

Check my blog foran award sis! love u!

Rainbow In The Grey Sky said...

Loving it and keeping it real sista! Love you for the sake of Allah and hope to meet you one day! You keep on keeping it real!